Humphries has voted himself off the island, so I am going to pinch hit this week so this thing can keep rolling. In case you missed his post yesterday, be sure and read that first before continuing on here.
Now, when the man says he is out, he is out. That means he wouldnâ€™t even clue me in to where he procures the sweet HD screencaps, so youâ€™ll have to suffer with what I could pull together. (Although, maybe they are also on hiatus since there werenâ€™t any last week.)
Oh, and last disclaimer, going forward I will do my best to keep with the traditional Wednesday post, but no guarantees. At the very least I should be able to post it by Friday. If any other regular contributors want to take a swing in the remaining weeks, I wouldnâ€™t be opposed to that either. Let me know in the comments.
That said, letâ€™s get Lost!
1. This episode is titled â€œThe Packageâ€ and I am sorry for you ladies that love Sayid and/or Sawyer, but it had nothing to do with either of them. Instead, it focused on figuring out which Kwon is the candidate. Will it be Sun or Jin?
2. Not for anything, but all you women love the bad boy, donâ€™t you? I mean, whereâ€™s the love for Jack, Jin or Hurley? Wait, Jack is kind of brooding, which is a bad boy thing, and Jin was pretty much in the mafia, soooâ€¦ Hurley then. Where is the love for Hugo?
3. Anyway, maybe one of you can remind me exactly why no one has told Sun or Jin who and/or where the other one is so that they can hook back up already. Well, I guess Jin tried that out, but we see where that landed him, right? Those pesky polar bear traps, thatâ€™s where! Iâ€™m thinking Sun might want to find him as soon as possible because it is only a matter of time before that thing gets infected, right? Or, will the island/Jacob heal him up quick because he is the candidate?
4. Meanwhile, Sun chillaxes on the beach some more until she realizes sheâ€™s had enough of bug-eyed Ben and runs off into the jungle. Straight into a tree. Knocks herself out cold. Or worse, dead. At least concussed because Iâ€™m thinking that a swelled brain is going to be the end of her. As Ed said before, Jacob is an obvious chauvinist and would never choose Sun as The Kwon.
5. Yup, you heard it here first, the candidate was Jin, but both are going to die without ever being reunited/together forever.
6. Except in the alterna-timeline where the producers/writers are just burning off some final season time because ABC had to have an additional, shorter season because of the WGA strike.
7. You ask me, they could have wrapped this up last year, or at the very least, this year as a two day, six hour mini-series. Get this over and done with so we can move on to watching other shows while trying to maintain some form of guessing game as to what it all really means. Donâ€™t try to pass off some fluffy alternate reality as meaningful to the reality of the past five seasons.
8. So, yeah, I have been slacking off on watching the last few weeks because the draw isnâ€™t there like it used to be. Some of you echoed the same thoughts in the previous post comments! Not much to figure out when they are revealing answers instead of leaving questions. Why not sit back and enjoy the ride instead of worrying about it. Only five episodes left.
9. Our DVR wouldnâ€™t have to choose between Lost and NCIS: Los Angeles while we are watching American Idol. Of course, I donâ€™t watch AI because Iâ€™m not a chick, but I do watch NCIS: LA while Lost is recording, at least when I am home.
10. Ideally, ABC would have finished Lost off last year, or done my mini-series idea, and we could be treated to V and FlashForward back-to-back instead of offset throughout a season. I will take Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin over any of the women left on Lost. Then we wouldn’t have had to deal with the stupid animated V logo all episode long because it is not like I’d be watching FlashForward.
11. Maybe they could have cast Sawyer or Sayid to get the women watching instead of the other Party of Five guy. Probably less opportunity for them to have their shirt off here though.
12. Oh, sorry for the tangent. Back to the recap.
13. So, Agent Hanna (LL Cool J) pulls out an amazing R-S-E run after being down to Agent Callenâ€™s (Chris Oâ€™Donnell) H-O-R-S to win. Callen congratulates Hanna on his comeback to which he responds, â€œDonâ€™t call it a comeback!â€
14. At first I wasnâ€™t sure why Hanna and Callen were playing said game in the gym in the regular NCIS offices, but it became clear when Hetty called up Jethro to have him get her boys on a plane back to LA.
15. Yup, Hanna had to call off his lunch date with DiNozzo because he was â€œgoing back to Cali.â€ DiNozzo didn’t think so, but really, Hanna did need to get back to work there.
16. Back in LA, in the much sweeter, non-stuffy hacienda/office setup, Hanna finds out their next case deals with a squad of Marines back from overseas that are experiencing mobile phone and automobile issues. It seems they are exploding.
17. Hanna drives his decidedly government issue Dodge Challenger over to the boathouse/safehouse to pick up Callen so they can begin their investigation.
18. Of course, once they find out one of the squad is Muslim, they decide he is the prime suspect. Surely he was seeking revenge on his squad for being disfigured in the war because they were too busy handing out candy bars to old ladies instead of watching his back.
19. I on the other hand knew it was the tight-laced bible thumper as soon as they interviewed him. They are always the suicide bombers.
20. Hanna sneaks up behind the guy as he is distracted by the token hottie on the team–I forget her name–and knocks the guy out, because Mama, I mean Hetty, said to.
20. As usual, I turned out to be right and another case closed.
21. Then, we find that the Man-in-Black made it off the island, but is still evil. Yes, heâ€™s a lawyer, or rather, an evil DA that has ousted Mr. Big from his job by putting him in jail.
22. So, Mr. Big’s wife helps the Man-in-Black’s wife divorce him vis-a-vis a little black mail. Oh how the tide has turned.
Next week, no more baseball metaphors. Also, are you as lost as I am without Ed? Leave some comments below!