After two rounds of fierce competition, we are still neck and neck. Heading into Round 3, Aunt Sharon edges Jason 15 to 13. That’s a slim margin and with four rounds to go – this contest is still up for grab.
Before we begin Round 3, I have a quick programming note.
My site is designed to feature the two most recent posts (in descending chronological order). After that, the items drop down to the bottom of the page or shuffle off to Archives. Just this morning I dropped 90+ Christmas Cards/Letters in the mail – each with a shameless plug for The Ed Zone embedded within. As I anticipate a slight uptick in readership over the next few days (you know, those beloved friends and family who drop in on this site once a year when reminded that I am still out here – begging for their attention) – anyway, I am going to post my Annual Top 10 Posts of 2007 piece – which serves as a helpful guide to those people who may be stopping by for the first time in a long time. I’m going to let that lead for the next week or so but I will continue posting installments of The Ho Ho Ho Throwdown – albeit as the ‘second’ article on the front page (through the magic of time stamp tinkering). So, keep an eye out.
All right – on with Round 3.
21. In Home Alone, which of these tortures is NOT inflicted upon the Wet Bandits?
a. Blow Torch to the head
b. Thumb Tack on the seat
c. Iron to the Face
d. Broken Glass to the Feet
Answer: B (Jason – 14, Aunt Sharon – 16)
22. Which of these is not a title of a song in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
a. What’s This?
b. This is Halloween
c. What Have I Done?
d. Silent Night, Deadly Night
Answer: D (Jason – 15, Aunt Sharon – 16)
23. Which horror movie legend is the voice of The Grinch?
Answer: Boris Karloff (Jason – 16, Aunt Sharon – 17)
24. Which of these was not a subtitle to a sequel to The Santa Clause?
a. The Secret Clause
b. The Mrs. Clause
c. The Escape Clause
Answer: A (Jason – 17, Aunt Sharon – 18)
25. How would you say Merry Christmas in Hawaii?
Answer: Mele kaliki maka (Jason – 18, Aunt Sharon – 19 Jason wrote Mele maleki maka which is oh so close and maybe a typo so I’ll give it to him. I still say, for all I know, Mele maleki maka means ‘Go F’ yourself, white eye’ in Hawaiian.)
26. Which of these actors has never portrayed Ebeneezer Scrooge?
a. Albert Finney
b. Michael Caine
c. Bill Murray
d. George C. Scott
Answer: C (Jason – 19, Aunt Sharon – 20 …And Aunt Sharon is right. That was a trick question. Bill Murray did play a Scrooge in Scrooged but his was named Frank Cross.)
27. This elf wanted to be a dentist. Who is it?
Answer: Hermie (Jason – 20, Aunt Sharon – 21)
28. What holiday movie opens with a terrorist assault on Santa’s Village?
Answer: Scrooged (Jason – 21, Aunt Sharon – 22)
29. Which of these is NOT the title of a holiday special?
a. ‘N Sync – ‘Ntimate Holiday Special
b. Olive The Other Reindeer
c. Brian Boitano’s Holiday Skating Spectacular
d. Wassailing with the Waltons
Answer: D (Jason – 22, Aunt Sharon – 23)
30. On what television show (still on the air) did someone utter the following phrase during their Christmas episode:
“Happy Birthday Jesus. Sorry your party sucked.”
Answer: The Office (Jason – 23, Aunt Sharon – 24 …and Aunt Sharon, you are correct. This is the best show ever. Damn you, writer’s strike!!!)
Aunt Sharon 24