All right. The results are in and we officially have a contest. A thin line separates Aunt Sharon from Poe Gostal a.k.a. my cousin Jason. While Poe took the early lead, Aunt Sharon staged an impressive comeback.
Could things get any more dramatic? Any more biblical? We’re talking Mother against Son here.
All right, once more we step into Thunderdome. Two family members enter. One family member leaves.
On with Round 2.
11. Who plays the role of Ebeneezer Scrooge in The Muppet Christmas Carol?
Answer: Michael Caine (Jason – 6, Aunt Sharon – 8
12. In the movie Christmas Vacation, what does Clark get for a Christmas bonus?
Answer: A subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club (Jason – 7, Aunt Sharon – 8 And don’t even try to argue that Fruit of the Month is used to make Jelly of the Month)
13. Which one of these is not a real movie?
a. Jack Frost 2 – Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman
b. North Pole Dancing
c. Santa Clause Conquers the Martians
Answer: B (Jason – 7, Aunt Sharon – 9 And I have to include her quote, “I would have to ask Uncle Ron what it was about!“)
14. What Christmas movie features a character named Sandy Claws?
Answer: The Nightmare Before Christmas (Jason – 8, Aunt Sharon – 10)
15. What holiday movie features the following quote:
“Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old building and loan.”
Answer: It’s a Wonderful Life (Jason – 9, Aunt Sharon – 11)
16. What 70’s super group is the house band in the Star Wars Holiday Special?
a. Air Supply
c. Jefferson Starship
Answer: Jefferson Starship (Jason – 10, Aunt Sharon – 12 Aunt Sharon is correct when she says they were GREAT when they were Airplane. Jefferson Starship was the beginning of the end. And then when they were just Starship and singing to a Mannequin… well, talk about chasing White Rabbits.)
17. What action hero directed a remake of the movie, Christmas in Connecticut?
Answer: Arnold Schwarzeneggar (Jason – 11, Aunt Sharon – 12)
18. What movie is this quote from:
“My old man’s tires were only tires in the academic sense. They were round and had once been made of rubber.”
Answer: A Christmas Story (Jason – 12, Aunt Sharon – 13)
19. Which of these actors has never played Santa Clause?
a. Wilfred Brimley
b. Ed Asner
c. John Goodman
d. Paul Giamatti
Answer: Wilfred Brimley (Jason – 12, Aunt Sharon – 14 Van Damme was the hint. Our beloved oat meal huckster co-starred with ‘The Muscles from Brussels’ in Hard Target.)
20. In National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, what shape are the mugs that the Griswold’s drink eggnog from?
Answer: Mooses (Meeses?) (Jason – 13, Aunt Sharon – 15)
Aunt Sharon 15